The autopsy report was released today…Anna Nicole Smith ‘accidentally’ overdosed on at least nine prescription drugs – including a powerful sleep syrup she was known to swig right out of the bottle – after a miserable last few days in which she endured stomach flu, a 105-degree fever, pungent sweating, and a pus-filled infection on her buttocks from repeated in-jections. (Dayumm! WHY did all these people let her kill herself like this?)
In the report, they did note that she ‘refused’ to go to the hospital 3 days prior to her Feb 8th death, and chose to ride out her illness in a hotel suite littered with pill bottles, soda cans, SlimFast, nicotine gum and an open box of Tamiflu tablets (what a terrible concoction), because “she did not want the media frenzy that follows her.”
Police say they found no apparent signs of foul play, and the medical examiner also ruled Smith’s death probably was not a suicide because people who take their own lives typically use much more lethal drugs than chloral hydrate.
I still have an issue with Howard K- I mean he could have put his foot down and MADE her go to the hospital. I think at some point she was irresponsive and unable to tell anyone shyt. He was advisin her on every dayumm thang else…
The report laid out that a Pvt Nurse asked a bodyguard to call 911 around 1 am. 40 mins go by before the EMS was called by the bodyguard. The ambulance reached the hospital at 2:43 and Anna was pronounced dead…what happened in that hour? What did they all talk about?
The medical examiner’s report was accompanied by a press release and even a PowerPoint presentation (a PowerPoint? Wow…)
Among the excruciating details were descriptions of Smith’s breast-enhancement scars, her pink hair extensions (and I bet they were cute as hell!) and numerous tattoos, including one of a Playboy bunny and the smiling face of Marilyn Monroe.
I still say Howard K knows somethin’…
Oct 14, 2009 TRIAL UPDATE
LOS ANGELES – Anna Nicole Smith was ill, confused and isolated in a hotel room with a cornucopia of prescription drugs in the days before her death, an investigator testified Tuesday in a criminal case stemming from the celebrity model’s overdose death. Smith was unable to walk unassisted into the Florida hotel, and she was so weak she could not sit up to drink liquids.
The testimony was presented in a preliminary hearing involving charges that Smith’s former lawyer-boyfriend Howard K. Stern and two California doctors conspired to illegally provide Smith with controlled substances before her drug-overdose death at age 39.
Stern, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor and Dr. Khristina Eroshevich have pleaded not guilty. Their attorneys have said they are undecided or unlikely to call defense witnesses during the preliminary hearing.
Santiago’s testimony was mostly a summary of what Florida law enforcement investigators had learned after Smith’s fatal collapse in the hotel room on Feb. 8, 2007. He also identified prescription drugs found in the hotel room as the prosecutor showed pictures of bottles and hundreds of pills.
Some of the prescriptions were in Stern’s name, although some used an alternate spelling, Stearn, and some had been prescribed by Eroshevich, Santiago said.
Smith’s autopsy concluded she died of “acute combined drug intoxication,” and the drugs involved were chloral hydrate combined with Benadryl, clonazepam, diazepam and lorazepam. Clonazepam and Soma, both muscle relaxants, and the sedative diazepam were among medications found in the suite…
::the rest of the story::